Here we have all the dates for your diary, phone, filofax, back of your hand or scrap of paper on the fridge door
We took over the Secretary’s job of the Hamburgh club in 2000 when it had 46 members, we now have a substantial 100+ and are going on from strength to strength. We have one club show and 9 regional shows all over the United Kingdom.
• The Scottish National - We hold a regional show here, a fantastic show thanks to all the committee members who pull out the stops every year to go one better. We usually get around a hundred entries – Large and Bantams. This is a great show the people are very friendly and helpful and we have a really good week-end. Usually held the last full week-end of January. The venue was excellent good food, warm and plenty to do.
• Poole in Cornwall is also a regional show. Please try to make it a good exhibition of Hamburghs and give the locals some competition.
• Reading Bantam show held at Newbury is towards the end of February. This is also a regional show and they have a lot of different breed clubs showing. It is held in a Leisure centre in the town and is a very good venue. It is a two day show and they have great facilities. Come along and see us all there.
• Peebles show is a Regional show and is usually held towards the end of February. Peebles is a lovely place to see and the show is held in the heart of the town centre. This is a winter show but they also hold an Agricultural show in August – we don’t have a regional show at that one but there is a good classification for Hamburghs.
• Ayr Agricultural will be the first of the Agricultural shows and this is now a regional show. Ben Walsh is the secretary and it is usually held early on in May. Please try and get there it is worth the trip.
• Todmorden show is always held on the 3rd Saturday in June and is also a Regional show. This is an Agricultural show and the venue is also very good as it is held in Centre Vale Park a short walk from the town centre which has a very good Saturday market and lots of different shops and places of interest. A really good venue for all different reasons.
• Poultry Club of Great Britain show will be held in Telford, Shropshire - We hold a regional show here, usually in November. This is one of the biggest shows of just Poultry and Waterfowl and lasts for two days. One to go and see even if you do not have any birds. New venue this year in Telford we will let you know once the show has been what it was like. There will still be a dinner and dance on the Saturday. Please try and make it and boost the Hamburgh section at this show.
• Hants and Berkshire - it is a winter show and needs more support from the Hamburghs so if you can make it please do so to give more competition to the locals.
• The National Federation of Poultry Clubs - The culmination of the year; we hold our Club show at one of the biggest shows in the United Kingdom. This is held in December usually the weekend before Christmas (two days). It is a wonderful show and usually gets around 7,000+ entries, with Poultry, waterfowl, cavies, and pigeons. Definitely one to go to if not just for all the trade stands but the different breeds and small livestock on show. Pigeons are only there on the Saturday and will be housed on the balcony. It all adds to the interests of the show so come along and join us at the Hamburgh stand during the week end. On the Sunday we will be presenting the trophies won at the show and you will be greeted with a mince pie and a glass of sherry. We will also be holding a raffle to help the club funds please call and help us celebrate the coming festivities.